PLEASE NOTE: COVID-secure children’s activities are permitted to run from 19th April 2021
Tennis is one of the few sports during which it is easy to socially distance. So Tots Tennis will be safely running classes again following both UK government and British Tennis guidelines:
In brief, to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Tots Tennis is implementing the following changes:
- Smaller class sizes to ensure social distancing
- Cleaning and hand hygiene – hand sanitiser will be available and must be used before and after classes. Equipment will be cleaned between classes.
- COVID-secure venues – we are working with our venues to implement safety measures, including one-way entry/exit systems, buffer periods between classes and regular venue cleans
- Adapted sessions and games to keep both parents and children safe while enjoying our usual fun tennis sessions.
- Parents and children must follow social distancing rules throughout the class. While this may sound difficult for young children, each child will have their own play area – well spaced out from other children. Especially for children under 3, parents may be required to help their child socially distance on occasion, and to help in general with the activities. Older children should be able to work on their own.
- Face masks must be worn by adults on arrival and departure, but may be taken off if you are helping your child during the class
- Each child is allowed ONE accompanying adult only
- Babes-in-arms are permitted
PLEASE NOTE: Registers of attendance will be taken for contact tracing purposes. If you or your child are displaying any COVID symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone who has, do not attend the class.